As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact on our community here in Arizona and throughout the world, we feel compelled to reach out to our stakeholders to share more about the steps we are taking here at Valley Eyecare Center to help keep our patients, our employees and our community safe.
The health and safety of our patients and employees has always been our main concern. To this end, we wanted to stress that at Valley Eyecare Center we maintain the highest standard of OSHA compliant instrument and equipment sterilization and disinfectant. Our clinics are always cleaned, sanitized and disinfected after each patient encounter as standard operating procedure for medical grade clinics.
Over the past few weeks, we have increased the frequency of our cleaning and sanitization process in front desk, reception and within the optical eyewear area. In addition, we are working with our staff and require them to stay home if they aren’t feeling well.
Be assured that Valley Eyecare Center is monitoring the COVID-19 situation very carefully and will follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, the American Optometric Association Health Policy Institute (HPI), Maricopa County and the State of Arizona Department of Health. Each of these groups have identified basic, common sense guidelines for all of us to follow to help control the spread of this virus.
These steps include:
- If you aren’t feeling well – stay home. Patients we will gladly reschedule your appointment with no penalties or additional charges.
- Patients only at appointments. Please don’t bring non-essential family members to your scheduled appointments.
- Increase the frequency of hand washing.
- Avoid consciously touching your face and mouth with your hands.
- To the extent possible (and until the virus is controlled) avoid shaking hands.
- Implement social distancing and self-isolate if you feel you may have come in to contact with others infected with COVID-19.
More information on COVID-19 can be found at:
While the COVID-19 virus currently presents health risks and challenges most of have never experienced in our lifetimes, we feel that if we remain vigilant and calm and use common sense with our day-to-day lives that we will come out of this situation stronger than we were before it started. Please feel free to contact our staff at our Northern Office 602-242-6888 or our 44th Street Office 602-955-2700 with any questions or concerns.
Wishing you all good health,
|Dr. Eric Clyde||Dr. Lindsey Clyde|
|Dr. Seth Baldwin||Dr. Peter Ryan|
and the entire Valley Eyecare Center Team