Whether you’re new to wearing glasses or have been wearing them for years, it is important to make sure that you are following the proper eyeglass care procedures. Learn the do’s and don’ts of caring for your glasses.
Eyeglass Care Tips
Eyeglass Care Do’s:
- Protect your glasses by storing them in a case
- Use both hands to take off your glasses so that the frames do not get misaligned
- Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth when cleaning
- Take your glasses off if you plan to take a nap
- Take your glasses off when you use hair spray or perfume
- Wash your hands before touching your lenses
- Come into our offices at Valley Eyecare Center for regular eye exams to make sure that your prescription is updated
- Use special eyeglass cleaner
Eyeglass Care Don’ts:
- Use a paper towel, tissue, cloth, or article of clothing to dry your lenses or wipe dust off of them. This will scratch your lenses
- Use ammonia or window cleaner to wash your lenses
- Set your glasses down on their lenses
- Wear your glasses if you are swimming
- Buff your scratches out of your glasses by yourself – an expert can help!
- Spit on your lenses, as this can damage the coating on your lenses
- Leave your glasses in a hot car or around a hot surface
- Put your glasses in a purse or bag without a case protecting the glasses
Eyeglass care is an important way to make sure that your vision and health are in their optimal condition. To learn more about taking care of your eyeglasses, or to schedule an appointment at Valley Eyecare Center, call (602) 955-2700, or visit our website.